This salad is an amazing combination of luxurious and simple. Chop and toss together a few ingredients, and you’re done in 5 minutes. Don’t let the amount of work fool you – this simple dish packs flavor and texture.
I didn’t have to stir it quite as often as I usually do when I make jam, and I think it was because the heat was coming at the peaches equally from all sides of the pot which helped cook everything at the same pace, and made my cooking job easier since I didn’t have to hover around the pot.
Tomato and Kalamata Olive Salad with Buratta
– 4 plum tomatoes
– 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
– 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
– 2 4 ounce balls of fresh burrata
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Wash and dry your tomatoes. Quarter the tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
2. Add pitted kalamata olives and onions.
3. Season with oregano, salt, pepper, and drizzle about 1/2 of the the olive oil over the mixture. Toss gently.
4. Plate the tomato mixture and place the two burrata balls on top of the mixture. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and add just a small pinch of salt to the cheese.