- 1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups granulated sugar, separated
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat and combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a slight simmer. Let cool completely.
- To the cooled syrup, add cranberries and stir to coat. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a mesh drying rack and let dry for 1-2 hours. The cranberries will be tacky, but not wet, when the are ready.
- When the cranberries have dried, add 2 cups granulated sugar to a baking dish. Roll the cranberries through the sugar, a few at a time to coat, and set carefully onto a baking sheet. Let dry completely, about 1 hour, before using as garnish or decoration. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days.