A pasta dish you can have prepared in 20 minutes and with just a handful of ingredients – what’s not to love?
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook your pasta 2-3 minutes shy of the box directions. Set a large frying pan on a separate burner.
- When the pasta is almost ready, in a medium size bowl, combine parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Whisk together.
- Turn the burner under the frying pan to a medium low setting. Use tongs to transfer the pasta over to the frying pan and pour the sauce over. Using the tongs, toss the pasta and sauce quickly, allowing the cheese to melt into the pasta and create the sauce. If all the liquid has been absorbed and your pasta is not done to your liking, you can add additional pasta water and allow for the liquid to absorb into the pasta and sauce a 1/2 cup at a time. Be sure to toss continuously so that the cheese does not curdle.
- When pasta is done to your liking, toss in half of the parsley. Plate and garnish with additional parsley and lemon zest.