Broccolini, which is a cross between traditional broccoli and Chinese broccoli, packs a more intense flavor than regular broccoli does. This side dish roasts these beautiful greens together with pancetta in just about 20 minutes. Finish the dish with toasted pine nuts and it will be sure to impress family and dinner guests.
Roasted Broccolini with Pancetta
- 2 lbs broccolini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry broccolini well and trim the ends (about an inch from the end). Place broccolini on a sheet pan and drizzle over the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat. Place the diced pancetta on top. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until desired doneness and pancetta is browned and fat is rendered.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, add pine nuts to a small frying pan in one layer. Turn the flame to medium and toast until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Plate broccolini and place pancetta across the middle of the serving dish. Add toasted pine nuts. Enjoy warm.