A simple and flavorful side dish perfect for any barbeque!
- 12 oz fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- 4-5 whole, unpeeled all purpose white russet potatoes, washed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Prepare an ice bath for the string beans.
- When the water is boiling, add the string beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, and then remove the beans with a sieve and transfer to the ice water to blanche. This will stop the cooking process. Remove the green beans from the water, dry, and add to a serving bowl, set aside.
- When the water returns to a boil, add in the potatoes and allow to boil until fork tender, 15-25 minutes, depending on size. Remove from water and allow to cool. When the potatoes have cooled, gently remove the skin of the potatoes and discard. Chop the potatoes into wedges and add them to the serving bowl with the string beans. Add red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over the beans and potatoes and toss gently. Serve at room temperature.