You won’t miss the gluten in this recipe when you take a bite of this luxurious and decadent cream tart. This no bake tart takes only 15 minutes to put together and can be made 24-48 hours in advance of serving. This has been a huge hit in my family and I hope you enjoy it as well!
Pistachio Mascarpone Tart
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 jar pistachio cream (7.4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- berries of choice (I used blueberries)
Gluten Free Crust
For the Filling:
-2 8 oz packages mascarpone cheese
For the Crust:
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt until well combined and a uniform color. Add maple syrup and butter and combined with your hands to form a mixture that will hold its shape when pressed together.
- Press the mixture into a 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan first, and then up to the sides. Use the bottom of a cup measure or glass to help create a uniform and tightly packed crust.
For the Filling:
- Use a spoon to mix together the mascarpone, pistachio cream and vanilla. It is mixed well enough when it takes on a uniform green color.
- Add mixture to the center of the crust and use an offset spatula to spread the mixture to the edges of the crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight for the filling to set.
- Melt the chocolate and add to a piping bag or ziploc bag. Snip the corner of the bag to create an opening and drizzle chocolate over the tart in any desired manner.
- Add pistachios to a bag and use a meat mallet to crushed. Sprinkle the crushed nuts in any desired manner over the tart – I formed a border by sprinkling them along the line of the crust.
- Decorate with berries of choice.