This dish is inspired by summer gardens overflowing with zucchini – these in season vegetables are aplenty in the summer time and there’s always a need for new recipes to use them in!
Though my children are hardly picky eaters, something about the texture really has them turning up their noses! So I used a trick I’ve been using for years – blend them up! This simple sauce for this zucchini pasta comes from simply sauteing zucchini with garlic and blending them up with three simple ingredients – parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano, and a handful of pine nuts to bring out the nuttiness of the cheese.
The kids (and the rest of our family) couldn’t get enough of this delicious, creamy dish and I know I’ll be making it throughout the summer! I hope you try and enjoy – buon appetito!
Pasta con Crema di Zucchine | Pasta with Zucchini Crema
- 1 lb linguini or pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 medium zucchini, cubed
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When boiling, salt well and add pasta.
- As the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in zucchini and salt well. Sauté until fork tender, about 7 minutes.
- In a blender, add the parsley, zucchini (and any liquid in the pan), and pine nuts if using. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add the sauce back to the pan, and transfer over your al dente pasta – it should be cooked about 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Add pasta water as needed (1/2 cup at a time) to thin the sauce and cook the pasta to your liking.
- Plate your pasta, top with fresh chopped parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano, and pine nuts as desired. Enjoy!