This salad is festive, bright and takes a whole 4 minutes to throw together. The colors made it the perfect addition to a holiday table, and the lightness of the dish itself makes it the perfect side for those hearty holiday meals. Plus, its vegetarian, gluten-free and low-carb, as an added bonus!
Mozzarella and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 lb ciliegine mozzarella
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 orange – juice and zest
- 1/2 lemon – juice and zest
- Salt and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- In a serving bowl, add baby arugula, mozzarella, and pomegranate seeds.
- In a measuring cup, juice the orange and lemon over a small sieve to catch the seeds. Drizzle the olive oil into the juices, whisking as you do so. Add salt and pepper to taste, and whisk again.
- Drizzle about half the dressing over the salad and toss. Grate orange zest and lemon zest over the top of the salad. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.