Nothing quite hits the spot for me like this veggie packed Mediterranean quinoa salad. The recipe is a simple mix of the ingredients below and it is so filling, flavorful and textured, you’ll be making it on repeat! It’s a sturdy and nutritious salad, so its great for meal prepping, as it will keep well in the fridge for the whole work week.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1.5 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1.5 cups diced bell peppers
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1-1.5 cups cubed feta cheese
- Chopped parsley, to taste (I used about 1/2 cup)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare your quinoa by combining 1 cup of dry quinoa with 2 cups water. Cook on a medium heat and let come to a boil. When the water boils, reduce the heat to low, and continue to cook until all water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine your quinoa, vegetables, olives and feta. Add your chopped parsley and dress with lemon juice and oil. Toss well and enjoy. Keeps well in the fridge for the whole week!