No family barbecue would be complete without this Italian pasta salad. My family has served this at every outdoor event we’ve ever had, and it is one of my favorite dishes. It hardly requires any effort to prepare and is the perfect side dish for any outdoor cookout. I hope you try it and enjoy!
- 1 lb tri-color pasta, rotini or penne
- 1 can jumbo black olives
- 12 oz marinated artichokes, quartered
- 12 oz roasted peppers
- 4-5 basil leaves, julienned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook your pasta according to the box directions.
- Meanwhile, drain your olives and slice them in half, lengthwise. Add to a medium bowl. Remove the roasted peppers from the jar and cut into thin strips, and then in half. Add them to the bowl with the olives. Drain your artichokes and add them to the same bowl.
- When your pasta has finished cooking, drain, and add to a large serving dish. Add the olives, artichokes and roasted peppers. Top with the extra virgin olive oil (you can use more or less to your taste) and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Julienne basil leaves and add them to the large bowl and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap and let the pasta sit at room temperature for at least an hour. Serve at room temperature.