I love this salad – I make it several times a week because it is so incredibly easy, so fresh and crisp. It accompanies a main course of meat or fish so well – the perfect compliment. And the best part? It’s ready in minutes.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel and slice the cucumber into about 1/4 inch rounds. Place in a shallow dish or place.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and add to the cucumbers
- Top with thinly sliced red onion.
- Season with oregano, salt and olive oil. Mix to combine. Best if tossed about 20 minutes before serving.