This meal is so versatile – cook it as a quick weeknight meal, or serve it for a special occasion – it is easy enough to make any day of the week but truly delivers on flavor. This is a restaurant quality dish that is sure to impress!
🍋2 lbs chicken breast, sliced thinly
🍋 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
🍋3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
🍋2 tbsp butter
🍋1 lemon, juiced
🍋2 tbsp capers
🍋1 cup chicken stock
🍋Chopped parsley and lemon slices, for garnish.
- Season flour with salt and pepper in a baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Pan fry until golden, and flip.
- Repeat in batches and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, add lemon juice, chicken stock, capers and butter to the remaining oil. Whisk together and bring to a simmer. Set the heat on medium low, and return chicken to the pan.
- Cook for at least 5 minutes, spooning the sauce over the chicken. Plate when the inside of the chicken reads 165 degrees F.
- Cover the chicken with remaining sauce, then garnish with parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy!